Why Buy Local?
Where we shop, where we eat and have fun -- all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of Brecksville.
You get to know your merchants, who select their products and services with the needs and tastes of the local community in mind.
You get personal attention.
- Local businesses know our local market and are more responsive to what is needed.
Keeps dollars in our economy.
- Studies show that off every $100 spent at a locally owned business, $48 stays in the community, while less than $14 spent at a national chain store stays in the community
Strengthens our community.
- Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from local business owners than they do from large national chains.
Leverages local expertise.
- Independent business owners are passionate about what they do. Why not take advantage of it?
Investment in our community.
- Local businesses are owned by people who live in this area and are less likely to leave, and are more invested in Brecksville’s future.